Monday, July 14, 2008

Farmin'


OK, so I don't really want to be a farmer. I don't think I'd be very good at it, for one thing. I like working with my hands, but doing nice quiet indoor things while watching movies on my laptop: embroidery, sewing, coloring, folding paper, cutting, gluing, you get the idea. I've done some supervised gardening in the past, and while I've always had a fun time, I only had to keep at it for an hour or so, before turning the job over to someone else who knew what they were doing. The one summer I tried to have a garden in New Mexico, everything shriveled up in the hot sun/dry crusty soil immediately, or bunnies ate it. I tilled the soil and got bone meal and everything... But, this Sunday's NYT magazine article was really neat and inspiring. I have friends who do this sort of thing, and these pretty pictures and success stories make me think I just might be cut out for it. I do really like ride-on lawnmowers.

No comments: